In addition to being a Medicare provider, Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute accepts most major insurances, as well as several local medical group insurances.
The following is a partial list of plans accepted by Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute:
- Anthem Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California
- ChoiceCare Network (Humana)
- Coventry Health Care (First Health Network, Community Care Network, Focus, GEHA)
- Health Net of California
- HealthSmart (formerly InterPlan)
- MultiPlan (Beech Street, BCE Emergis, PPO Next, Private Health Care Systems)
- The Industry Health Network
- United Healthcare
It is very important for you to bring your current insurance card with you on each visit to our office. Be sure to inform us if there has been any change in your coverage or in your address. As changes may occur in the plans that we accept, please verify our acceptance at the time you make an appointment.
Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute will make every effort to verify your coverage prior to your appointment. We cannot, however, guarantee coverage of services by your insurance company. Speak with a member of our support staff if you have any questions regarding insurance. Click here to find the appropriate phone number to reach your physician’s office.
Patients with Private Health Insurance
For those patients who have health insurance with which we do not participate, it means that you will be seeing the health care provider “out of network.” You may determine what your insurance company will cover by contacting them in advance of your visit. Seeing a physician “out of network” may mean you have a higher annual deductible and/or co-insurance. Regardless of what your insurance covers, you are responsible for paying your bill.
If you are a self-pay patient, meaning a patient without health insurance, or who has international insurance or third party liability insurance, you will be required to pay for services at the time of the visit. If you need an estimate, please click here to find the appropriate phone number to reach your physician’s office financial counselor. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. We offer a prompt pay discount of 40% when services are paid at the time of service.
Benefits & Eligibility
To determine your insurance benefits and eligibility, please contact your insurance carrier directly. Note that you are ultimately responsible for payment of all services that are not covered by your insurance plan. If your insurance requires a referral or authorization, please obtain the required referral or authorization prior to your appointment and present this information to us when scheduling your visit.
Online Bill Payment
Pay your bill by signing into My CS-Link and tracking your payment history.
Contact a Financial Counselor
Plan information is constantly changing. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, please contact your physician’s office using the guide below:
- For the Anaheim, Glendale, Los Angeles – Boyle Heights, Los Angeles – Howard Hughes Center/LAX, Pasadena and Thousand Oaks physician offices, please call 310-665-7200
- For the Marina Del Rey and Santa Monica physician offices, please call 310-829-2663
- For the Kerlan-Jobe Surgery Center, please call 866-921-2171
- For Surgery Center of the Pacific, please call 310-576-7267